Bjoern is one of Bloomtrigger's biggest advocates, though a self proclaimed tech-a-phobe, who oddly never seems to miss retweeting some snippet of information about rainforests or interesting forest facts! Another bright young German who is passionate about protecting the environment and who has become a highly valued member of bloomtrigger's network.
* Where do you live?
* Favourite rainforest animal?
* Click here to visit Bjoern’s bloomtrigger profile!
* What inspires you?
People who fight for a better environment, animal protection and human rights. Simply put all people who stand up for a better tomorrow, what is oftentimes unpopular but always a brave thing to do. Two of my personal idols are Dian Fossey and Rosa Parks.
* What makes you angry?
People who think that animals are meant to be wall decoration, carpets, handbags or coats.
* What is your personal mission?
To leave the world in a better place than I found it.
* If you were Prime Minister, what would be the first thing you’d change?
I would try to change the educational system. I would do everything possible to get young people more involved into nature and fine arts. Many people of my generation and older generation believe that profit is more important than quality. I don’t like that and I would love to see a change in younger generations.
* Why did you agree to become a bloomtrigger Ambassador?
Because the rainforest is like a treasure chest of endangered and essential species. Furthermore I really love the way how Bloomtrigger operates, it’s affordable to everyone, readily understandable and not very time absorbing to get involved.
* Can you describe a typical workday?
As a student my typical workday contains a lot of lectures, reading, writing and basically educating myself.
* How do you define success?
Going to bed with a clear conscience.
* What’s the best advice anyone’s ever given you?
Stay away from people who belittle your ambitions.
* What’s your favourite book or film of late?
The most impressive book I have read lately is ‘East of Eden’ and my current favourite film is probably ‘extremely loud and incredibly close’.
* What would you most like to happen to protect the planet?
I would like that more politicians and business representatives would start realizing that we don’t have much to live for without a functional and healthy planet.
* Do you have a favourite quote you can share with us?
"Keep away from those who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you believe that you too can become great." Mark Twain